Garrocher Christmas Tree Ecosystem
- Every year that we cut down trees to sell at Christmas, we are planting more to replace them. It is a sustainable practice.
- They benefit the enviroment through cleansing the air, and supporting wildlife. They are generally on higher elevations, and attract birds such as grouse and pheasant.
- They also provide welcome shelter for creatures on more exposed ground.
- As the trees fill out, the plantations provide nesting sites for small birds. In spring and summer hover flies feed off the trees. They also attract butterflies and moths.
- Real trees are carbon-neutral.